Treatment of Achilles tendinitis with a regimen called RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. RICE helps limit pain and additional damage through:
- Rest: Reducing your activity and sit or lie down.
- Ice: Reducing inflammation by applying ice to the injury.
- Compression: Wrapping an elastic compression bandage around the injured area to provide support and reduce swelling. Wrap snugly, but not too tightly.
- Elevation: Reducing inflammation and pain, by propping up your foot above waist level.
Once the pain and swelling are gone, the tendon should be gently stretched for strengthening.
If the pain and swelling persist, please see a foot and spine care doctor at ACC. The doctors may recommend some physical therapies as below:
- Rehabilitation to develop tension while the muscle is lengthened, in order to help restore pain-free flexibility of the calf.
- Ultrasound, ice and electrical stimulation relieve soreness while the exercise promotes healing.
- Class IV Laser therapy penetrates deeply into the nerve, muscle, ligament, and tendon tissue in a short amount of time to relief the pain.
Physiotherapy is the treatment method that aims to restore, maintain and make the most of a patient’s function and well-being. In practice, this treatment is divided into two distinctive methods, active and passive physiotherapy. Passive physiotherapy is the treatment method that does not require the patient to move their muscle…
The doctors may also prescribe heel lifts to provide support and take pressure off injured tendons.
For more information about what sort of treatment is right for you, please consult with ACC at:
DA NANG: 112 – 116, 2 tháng 9 street, Hai Chau Dist., (0236) 3878 880 Hotline: +84 911 660 252
HCMC: 99 Nguyen Du str., Ben Thanh Ward, Dist.1, (028) 3939 3930 Hotline +84 946 740 066
HCMC: 1st Floor, Tan Da Court, 86 Tan Da street, Ward 11, Dis.5 (028) 3838 3900 Hotline: +84 941 970 909
HANOI: 44 Nguyen Du str., Hai Ba Trung Dist., (024) 3265 6888 Hotline: +84 965 688 828