Situations which can increase the risk of sports injuries include:
- Not warming up properly before exercise.
- Overtraining with poor training methodologies.
- Improper use of equipment or equipment itself being unsuitable.
- Lack of physical conditioning.
2. Types of sports injuries
Different sports injuries can produce different symptoms and complications that could affect any part of the body, including the muscles, spines, bones, joints and connective tissues (tendons and ligaments). If you have been injured, you may experience some common signs and symptoms of sudden pain, swelling, bruising, muscle tightness or tenderness in the affected area. You should definitely see a doctor in cases of the pain or swelling getting worse, injured joint becoming loose or immobile, dizziness or fever not reducing even after 48 hours.
The list of most common types of sports injuries include:
- Muscle tension
- Ankle sprains
- Fractures (broken bones)
- Knee injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, etc)
- Shoulder injuries (Rotator cuff injury, tennis elbow, etc)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Low back pain
- Hamstring strain
- Achilles tendon injuries
See more: > Ankle pain: Causes and Treatments > Knee Pain and How to relieve it effectively? > Shoulder pain: Common problems and Treatments
3. First aid – Initial healing
Immediately after an injury occurs, the R.I.C.E method would be a simple method that helps reduce swelling, relieve pain, and promote initial healing soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments).
- Rest: take a break to promote repair of the body.
- Ice: apply ice packs on the injured area 20-30 minutes every 3 to 4 hours during the first 24 to 48 hours after the injury, without touching the skin directly.
- Compression: Properly wrap the injured area with an elastic bandage to support blood flow and reduce swelling.
- Elevation: Elevate the injured area on cushions/pillows and above the level of the heart to ease pain and reduce swelling.
4. Treatment of sport injury
Chiropractic care can be a very effective way to manage and treat many sport injuries conditions without using drugs or surgery. When the spinal joints & musculoskeletal are not moving correctly, it can cause tissue damage, further limiting the range of motion and contributing to various health issues. By using hands to adjust misaligned structures, our ACC doctors perform a correction on the body’s structural alignment to improve its overall functions.
There are many benefits that sport players or athletes can gain from chiropractic treatment including:
- Optimize body balance and reflex.
- Speed up recovery time.
- Improve performance of movement for athletes.
- Enhance strength and flexibility of whole body.
Established in 2006, the ACC Chiropractic Clinic is the first chiropractic clinic opened and registered in 2006 under the Ministry of Health, Vietnam. Committed to the quality of treatment, we have consistently strived to provide excellent chiropractic care for musculoskeletal pain treatment of Vietnamese and Expatriates, especially sport players & professional athletes.
We have provided very successful treatments for thousands of patients suffering from acute and chronic spinal as well as musculoskeletal problems, and participated in many reputable Vietnamese sport events such as Ironman Vietnam, Champion Dash, Saigon heat, Vietnam Mountain marathon, Golf Tien Phong news, Techcombank marathon, Dalat Ultra trail, etc.
Physiotherapy is the treatment method to restore, maintain and make the most of the function and well-being of a patient. We provide a range of different physiotherapy methods which include:
- Decompression Traction System (DTS): gentle stretching of the spine, reducing pressure from the discs, joints and muscular tissues, while enhancing the body’s natural healing process.
- Class IV Laser Therapy: high-intensity laser wavelength to help stimulate blood circulation, regenerate damaged tissue structures, and stimulate the healing process.
- Shockwave Therapy: promotes regeneration and reparative processes of the bones, tendons, and other soft tissues.
In addition, our doctor may instruct patient to use Rocktape for taping in order to help stabilize the muscle, stimulate the blood circulation, relieve pain quickly and speed up the healing time. A custom-designed Foot orthotics may also be recommended to patients with flat feet to help control the alignment, correct function of the foot and prevent abnormal motion or rolling of the foot.
Flat feet and foot pain are not normal! Pain is never a normal part of life! Pain in the feet or elsewhere means something is wrong. Growing older does not necessary mean you or a loved one must suffer with pain. Bunions, heal spurs, knee arthritis, and pain in hips…
ACC is the first and only clinic in Vietnam that offers the Pneumex (US) programs in rehabilitation. This 7-step-protocol program features 4 types of state-of-the-art machines with different postures, personalized designs to support spinal decompression and improve balance after injury. In addition, Active Therapeutic Movement (ATM2) is also a recommended method to safely support the spine injuries areas to be comfortably compressed and positioned.